If you have purchased Tree Grower and you are already on Ancestry follow these instructions:
Please create a new tree called [your surname](myorigins.co.uk), add yourself to it and your parents. This is where I will verify, copy and build your professional tree. Please share this tree – along with your existing one – with [email protected]. Appoint me as an Editor to both for best results. For Record Keeper simply add me as an editor to the existing tree on Ancestry where you want your permanent records.
Ancestry’s specific instructions can be found by reading or clicking below
If you are not on Ancestry or do not have an online tree follow the instructions below
Please create a free account at Ancestry. Either upload a tree from elsewhere or create a new tree as described. Follow the instructions for creating a family tree and name it [your surname](myorigins.co.uk). If you do not have an existing online tree, begin with yourself, parents, grandparents and preferably great-grandparents and provide any key dates and locations including what you know about birthdays, marriages and deaths. I’ll work out the rest once you give me a good starting point. Once this is done, share the tree with [email protected]
Using another online service?
To learn how to share from MyHeritage, Findmypast and others read below:
You can export a GEDCOM file of your family tree on your family site on MyHeritage.com
Log in to your family site.
Move your mouse cursor over ‘Family tree’ and click on ‘Manage Trees’.
On the page that opens, click on ‘Export to GEDCOM‘ on the right side next to the name of the tree you would like to export
- Log in to ‘My Account’
- Go to the ‘Family Tree’ options on the top left of this page.
- Select ‘View all trees’
- You’ll see all family trees you have created.
- You’ll notice 3 buttons on the right of the screen against each tree “Settings”, Export tree” and “Delete tree”.
- Click “Export tree”
The procedure to export to GEDCOM formats from elsewhere varies. The follow steps give general directions.
- Start your genealogy program, and open the family tree you want to export.
- Click the FILE menu.
- Select SAVE AS or EXPORT (Which one depends on the program you are using.) from the menu. A new file window will display.
- Select the location on your computer where you want to save the file.
- In the SAVE AS TYPE menu, click the GEDCOM or GED selection.
- Enter the name of the file in the FILE NAME field.
- Click the SAVE button.
- If an export confirmation window displays, click the OK button. The family tree is now saved on your computer as a GEDCOM file.
You can then upload your GEDCOM file to Ancestry as per the instructions at the top of the page or here.
Now you can keep your records without further costs
To share your DNA provider information click here